Portrait painting makes it possible to capture for an instant the beauty, emotion or expression of a person in a social or cultural context. This style is one of the most creative and difficult to achieve. Discover amazing portrait paintings created by professional…
Painting is an important form in the visual arts, bringing elements such as drawing, gesture (gestural painting), composition, narrative (narrative art) or abstraction (abstract art). Paintings can be naturalistic and figurative (still life or landscape), photographic, abstract, narrative, symbolic (symbols), emotional (expressionism) or political (artivism).
In art, the term painting describes both the act, the medium and the result of the action. The support for paintings includes surfaces such as walls, paper, canvas, wood, glass, lacquer, pottery, sheet paper, copper and concrete, and can incorporate multiple other materials such as sand, clay, paper, plaster, gold leaf, as well as objects.
The most famous painters and art works are:
- Léonard de Vinci with "Mona Lisa" or "La Joconde".
- Raphael with "The School of Athens"
- Michel-Angel "Adam's Creation"
- "The Young Girl with the Pearl" by Johannes Vermeer
- Rembrandt's "Night Round"
- Claude Monet and his "Water lilies"
- Vincent Van Gogh's "La nuit étoilée"
- "Guernica" by Pablo Picasso
- Gustav Klimt "The Kiss"
- "The Persistence of Memory" by Salvador Dali
- Grant Wood's "American Gothic"
- "Bal du moulin de la Galette" by Pierre-Auguste Renoir
- "Mont Sainte-Victoire" by Paul Cézanne
- "Le Cri" by Edvard Munch
- "Nighthawks" by Edward Hopper.
In more contemporary painting Gerhard Richter, Yan Pei Ming, Adrian Ghenie, Yue Minjun, Martial Raysse, Mark Grotjahn, Anselm Kiefer, Philippe Garel, Yoshitomo Nara, Gérard Garouste, Miquel Barcelo, Vladimir Velickovic, Rudolf Stingel, Georg Baselitz, Pierre Soulages, Marlene Dumas.
The portrait is a graphic genre representing with resemblance, an identified person, showing an interest in his or her history, personality or physical. The self-portrait represents the author himself.
The common feed displays chronologically all the artworks added by the artists. This feed is public, but limited to creations with a rating >=32 points for non-registered members. The limitation may vary depending on how Art Limited staff wants to improve the level and quality of the site.